Monday, March 22, 2010

A-A-A-A-A-CHOO!!!!!!

So I've just been a little side-tracked lately.  Word came late Friday that the house is officially sold and we are moving.  Although we haven't been given an official closing date, rumor has it, that it will be at the end of the month.  Yes, THIS month.  So Saturday morning, I dropped everything and started packing.  In order to have even a remote chance of getting everything packed by the end of the month, I figure I need to pack one room a day.  Possible?  We'll see!  There are two things I've discovered while packing. Number One: Weeding out and putting things in boxes, does not suffice for crafting.  I'm going bonkers that my husband's vest is sitting there in the basket and I can't knit on it or that my spinning wheel is sitting there and I can't spin on it.  I did get to go through some UFO's (UnFinished Objects) I found in the back of the closet and decide which I am taking in the car on our cross-country move.  That fed my soul just a little. and Number Two: HOLY BLAZES MY HOUSE IS DUSTY!!!!!  By the end of day one, my throat was raw from sneezing my brains out and by the end of day two, I could barely talk.  I had no idea I would have such a bad reaction to dust.  So today, dear hubby ran to the hardware store and got me a dust mask.  It seems to be working.
Needless to say, for the next while there will be no Monday Night Feasts or Spinning Days or W I P Wednesdays but I will keep you posted on my progress from time to time and if I can fit in even a few minutes of crafting, you'll know about it.
For our 18th anniversary yesterday, my husband ordered me my very first laptop!!  I"m so excited!  So now I can document our trip from California to Tennessee and take all of you along with us.  In case you were wondering, we are heading to a little town outside of Nashville called Leipers Fork.  Check out our new neighborhood and let me know what you think!
Back to packing!

5 comments:

  1. Alessia DiGennaro KernerMarch 22, 2010 at 9:10 PM

    *Sniff, sniff* You need some packing buddies? I'm free tomorrow night. We're going to miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa Zurn-DeckerMarch 22, 2010 at 9:10 PM

    We are going to miss you! You've been such an inspiration to me! If you need hep eating some of your jarred goodies I am so there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa Zurn-DeckerMarch 22, 2010 at 9:11 PM

    Just chcked out your town! That is so right up your alley! It is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW! what a great place to put down roots :-)

    ReplyDelete