Monday, March 1, 2010

I Gave My Heart To A Viking!

While one of my friend's has been enjoying 10 days in Maui, I have been happily babysitting her brand new  Husqvarna Viking Topaz embroidery machine. 

She had sewn on it but had never used the embroidery attachment and hoped that if she lent it to me, I would be an expert by the time she got back and could just show her how to use it rather than her actually having to read the manual.  I thought this was a brilliant idea and I think, in fact, I will go into the business of borrowing people's new crafting machines so that I can be their personal owner's manual.  Anyone have the new Bernina 830, a Cricut Expression, a Passap or Silver Reed knitting machine, or a 4 harness loom they would like me to borrow to show them how to use? :)  Anyway, as life often does, my week got so busy I wasn't able to touch the machine until yesterday, the day she was coming home!  Let me tell you, this machine is so user friendly, it all but pushes the buttons for you.  Having had no experience whatsover using an embroidery machine, I was able to sit down and start creating in minutes.  Within 30 minutes I had one project completed and was packing the kids off to the fabric store to buy thread, stabilizer and t-shirts. 

We picked out a design from the book, put a shirt in the hoop, gathered up our thread and pushed "start".

If I wasn't so fascinated watching it sew, I could have actually gone away and done other things while it was creating but I could not take my eyes off of it.

Finished in minutes and it was SO much fun...
We made some more!!!

5 comments:

  1. Cute!...so you gonna get one or what?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MAN!! How much are those babies? Wait. That's sounds like coveting. What I meant to say was - How nice for you!

    I say hold it for ransom...

    Your sista

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! I'm soooo glad you've enjoyed it!!! I am home now and am waiting for our"play date" (You, me and your girls) to show me how to create my own masterpieces!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy Deeble-ReynoldsMarch 5, 2010 at 4:37 PM

    I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! I have the Viking Designer II you may borrow :)

    ReplyDelete